Mother's Day is just around the corner, and what better way to show your mom how much you care than by gifting her a thoughtful, homemade present? But this year, instead of going with the same old cliché gifts, why not switch things up and give her something truly special? Something that will allow her to relax and unwind and make her feel pampered and loved. In this article, I’ll be sharing some amazing DIY gift ideas that incorporate the use of essential oils, perfect for pampering and rejuvenating your mom. So, get ready to treat your mom to a day of relaxation and indulgence! These are gifts you can share with all your favorite mothers or just make them for yourself.
Soothing Foot Soak and Lotion
One great way to pamper mom is by helping her get her feet sandal ready with a homemade foot soak and lotion. This simple and relaxing DIY gift is a thoughtful way to help mom feel rejuvenated and appreciated.
- 1/4 cup of unscented Epsom salts
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 6 drops of essential oils (I recommend peppermint and tea tree)
- A large bowl of warm water
- In a small jar or container, mix together the Epsom salts, baking soda, and essential oils.
- To use, add the entire contents of the jar to a large bowl of warm water.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and enjoy!
This foot soak is perfect for soothing sore and tired feet after a long day, and it also makes a great gift for anyone who needs a little extra TLC.
Peppermint and Tea Tree Lotion
- In a small glass container, combine all ingredients, except essential oils.
- Place in a saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken process, place in refrigerator.
- Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip lotion. Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Place in container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them.
Turn this into a beautiful gift by adding the ingredients of the foot soak to a glass jar and tying a ribbon around it. Place the foot soak and lotion in a basket and add an essential oil infused card for the perfect relaxing gift any mother will love.
DIY Lip Scrub
This lip scrub makes a lovely, inexpensive, and simply DIY present that makes a perfect gift. In my opinion lip scrubs are essential to a self-care routine. They help to remove dead skin cells and moisturize dry, chapped lips. By incorporating natural ingredients like sugar, honey, and coconut oil, this lip scrub helps to soften and plump lips, leaving them feeling smooth and rejuvenated.
Here's what you'll need:
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, coconut oil, and honey until well combined.
- Gently massage the scrub onto your lips in circular motions for about a minute.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Peppermint essential oil is known for its ability to increase blood flow and circulation, which can help to plump the lips. When applied topically, peppermint oil stimulates blood flow to the lips, causing them to temporarily appear fuller and more voluminous. This increased blood flow can also help to nourish the lips and promote healthy cell regeneration, which can lead to long-term plumping effects.
Honey is a natural humectant, which means it has the ability to attract and retain moisture. When applied to the skin, honey can help to hydrate and moisturize by drawing moisture from the air and locking it into the skin.
This lip scrub is perfect for anyone who wants soft and smooth lips, and it also makes a great addition to any at-home spa day. For the perfect gift pairing - I recommend making my SuperMint Lip Balm
to go with this lip scrub.
Customizable Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are luxurious and you can make these extra special by customizing them to fit your needs.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of sugar (any fine-grain sugar will work)
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 10-12 drops of essential oils (my current favorite combo is Spanish Sage and Wild Orange)
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, baking soda, coconut oil, honey, and essential oils until well combined.
- Store the scrub in an airtight container and use as needed.
Note: The measurements and ingredients listed above will vary slightly in different recipes. It is incredibly hard to mess up a sugar scrub, so just have fun making them.
Other ideas for essential oils to add to your sugar scrubs:
Sugar scrubs are perfect for exfoliating and moisturizing the skin, and you can customize them with different essential oils depending on your or the recipient's preferences.
Author by: Rigel Smith