I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to carb-load for fall. I love all the warm and comforting flavors of fall food. Give me a bowl of food and a giant blanket and the equivalent of a roaring fire (the modern day roaring fire is Netflix) and I’m the happiest fall camper of them all! Here are 12 fall recipes to get you in the fall feels, right now.
1. Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls with Everything Bagel Spice This might be the best fall recipe of all the fall recipes! If I could sleep on these soft and fluffy rolls, I would. Imagine that, just ripping of a bite every now and then! Maybe just turning your head and having a bite of your pillow? So soft and bread-y and full of everything bagel spice flavor. Pair these with some soup (you can even go store bought, I mean, you made the rolls) and you have the perfect fall night because everything bagel spice makes everything right.
2. One Pot Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Hello pumpkin season! This is maybe the best one pot pumpkin mac and cheese ever. It’s ridiculously creamy and easy to make because it’s one pot and you just stir in some pumpkin for some extra fall flavor. Call me basic because I love pumpkin mac and Uggs :)
Yes to little mini hot dogs wrapped in pillow pretzel blankets sprinkled with everything bagel spice. They’re perfect with mustard or beer cheese or even nothing. They are a little reminder of Oktoberfest, crispy leaves, and sunny afternoons.
4. Soft Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sasuage, Tater Tots, and Cheese Um, it probably seems over the top to have tater tots for breakfast but it’s fall and sometimes you just need that extra something to push you into getting out of bed. These bowls filled with crispy tots, soft scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, and cheese-pull galore cheese sauce is the answer, even if you are having breakfast in the afternoon.
5. Cheesy Crispy Welsh Rarebit Have you ever had Welsh rarebit?! Essentially it’s melty cheese on toast but really it’s so much more! It’s very British and the perfect fancy but not too fancy afternoon snack on a blustery fall afternoon.
6. Vodka SauceCan I get drunk and eat my vodka too? Yes please to vodka sauce, especially this version because it has little nuggets of crispy, salty pancetta. It’s vodka sauce, but EXTRA. Pasta, cheese, booze, sauce equals fall comfort to the max.
7. Cheesy Potato Balls I can eat 20 of these crispy, crunchy, creamy potato balls stuffed with cheese. If you love cheese pulls, please please make these cheesy potato balls. If you love mashed potatoes and you love cheese, this is the fall recipe for you. Because nothing says fall like deep-fried cheesy goodness, am i right?
8. Sour Cream and Onion Pasta Have I already said that fall is all about carbs? Because it most definitely is. This sour cream and onion pasta is based off the best flavor of chips, sour cream and onion, of course! Go ahead and crumble on some of your favorite sour cream and onion chips on top because it’s a game changer.
9. Coconut Curry Chickpea Stew Warm and comforting, and vegan to boot! I love the crispy chickpea topping and the fresh herbs make this stew super addictive. It’s creamy, filling, and the best bowl to curl up with.
10. Sundubu Jjigae/Spicy Kimchi Tofu Stew If you’re looking for a spicy stew, this is it! It has pork belly because pork belly and Korean food go hand in hand. But, if you’re vegan, you can make it vegan too. The soft chunks of tofu when mixed with rice are perfection.
11. Garlic Brown Butter Noodles This is the pasta for those times when you wanna be a kid again but also want to have a glass of wine and adult a little. Remember when you were a kid and ate bowls and bowls of plain noodles with butter? This is like that but ten thousand times better because nutty brown butter, loads of garlic, and so much parm. Make it rain parmesan because cheesy equals cozy.
12. Pumpkin Sage Lasagna Roll Ups Give me all the pumpkin things! I’m not mad about it being pumpkin spice season so early because hello pumpkin lasagna. This is a vegetarian guy, so it’s perfectly filling without being too heavy. The crispy sage leaves are a great contrast to the creamy pumpkin filling. I think I need to make this right now.
Hope these fall recipes get you guys in your fall feels! cozy foods forever and always.