Today is the perfect opportunity to celebrate the natural wonders of planet earth, from its abundance of water to vibrant ecosystems! But while there is so much beauty to entice our five senses there is also environmental risk that is detrimental to our future, and it's our job to protect the planet we call home!
More now than ever our planet needs us and there are many ways we can try to help preserve the beauty that surrounds us. There are 5 contributions I vow to our planet every day.
We all have habits; however, change is possible. If you are wondering what small changes you can start today to ensure a healthier planet for the future. Take a look at my list of 15 eco-friendly actions. I’m sure you will find a few to incorporate into your lifestyle.
- Buy from the farmers market and chat with the farmers about their sustainable practices
- Plant trees
- Grow food from your scraps and start a garden
- Redistribute your resources
- Experiment with some delicious plant-based meals.
- Make sure you're recycling correctly
- Swap packaged and processed food/snacks for package free options
- Make your own green cleansers
- Green your skincare routine
- Green your makeup routine
- Choose reusable products over disposable products
- Use house plants to filter the air and open the windows
- Make homemade DIY tooth powder or deodorant
- If it's less than 2 miles walk or bike
- Go have an adventure and explore the world around you!