A Special Essential Oil Recipe for Mother's Day
Mother’s Day is this Sunday, and we all know our Moms deserve to be spoiled and celebrated on their special day. My mom has been there for me through thick and thin and has always been someone I know I can count on. She’s kind, loving, caring, understanding, compassionate, warm-hearted, nurturing, selfless, beautiful, and gentle. She’s the center of my strength and has shown me unconditional love throughout the years.
There is absolutely no way I can pay her back, but I intend to show my gratitude by creating her Mother’s Day gift from scratch. Usually, I would buy her fancy perfumes but what better way to show her that I paid attention during our “Mommy and Me” moments than to create her favorite DIY scent, Youthful Paradise. I’m confident she will love it! This gift is sure to bring back old memories and also to let her know that nothing she has done for me has gone unnoticed.
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Jojoba Oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Vodka
- 9 drops Grapefruit Oil
- 1 drop Geranium Oil (available in our 18 Essential Oils set!)
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang Oil
- Store in a cool, dark place (away from direct sunlight) for two weeks to ‘cure’
- Make sure your lid is firmly attached to prevent oxidation
- The purer the alcohol for the base the better
- Test a little of essential oils on skin first to ensure no reaction
- Mix in glass (avoid metal or plastic)
- Add base oils then essential oils
- Bottle and leave for a few weeks to blend together before using
- Shake the mixture several times a day